One of the most well-known and bestselling authors of his generation, Stephen King is a household name in the literary realm of horror writing. Having published more than 98 works, consisting of short stories, novels, and nonfiction, a list of book quotes from his writing would take a generous amount of time to read. Instead, here are 8 of the most popular quotes from the author.
1. “A good novelist does not lead his characters, he follows them. A good novelist does not create events, he watches them happen and then writes down what he sees. A good novelist realizes he is a secretary, not God.”
2. “That’s your job in this hard world, to keep your love alive and see that you get on, no matter what. Pull your act together and just go on.”
3. “She had never dreamed there could be so much pain in a life when there was nothing physically wrong.”
4. “There came a time when you realized that moving on was pointless. That you took yourself with you wherever you went.”
5. “Artistic talent is far more common than the talent to nurture artistic talent.”
6. “Home is watching the moon rise over the open, sleeping land and having someone you can call to the window, so you can look together. Home is where you dance with others, and dancing is life.”
7. “We never know which lives we influence, or when, or why. Not until the future eats the present, anyway. We know when it’s too late.”
8. “But stupidity is one of two things we see most clearly in retrospect. The other is missed chances.”
I know, 8 quotes doesn’t even begin to cover King’s plethora of stories, but hey, it’s a decent start.
First Published On #AmReading
Featured image via WhyToRead