Summary: A middle-grade fantasy tale following a young girl, Tania, as she finds herself lost in an unknown world called Skioria, full of mystical creatures called Skiorians, Terrans, and Avarians. These new friends embark on a journey to help get Tania back home to the human world.
Genre: Middle Grade, Fantasy, Adventure
Release Date: September 5th, 2017
Page Length: 89
- I liked the world of Skioria. It’s vivid, and reminds me of Fern Gully a bit.
- Good emotional description- Tania came off as a little too emotional for me ( I know she’s away from her parents and such, though still, it was a bit much at times), though Wyatt did a good job of making the feelings of the characters believable.
- Didn’t keep my attention. I would step away from it, and wouldn’t really want to come back to the story
- The story just fell flat for me. The writing was decent and polished, though I just didn’t connect to any of the characters or the story. I found myself getting further detached from the story as it went on, when it should be the opposite when you’re reading a book. Maybe if this was a graphic novel or comic, I would’ve enjoyed it a bit more.
Recommend? If you like more adventure-prone fantasy stories, this might interest you. This wasn’t a bad story, just wasn’t for me.
Final Rating: 2/5
You can keep up with Kandy on her website and social media below:
- Blog: http://kandijwyatt.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kandi-Wyatt-author/647179792053374
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kandijwyatt
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kandiwyatt3/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/kandijwyatt/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KandiWyatt
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Kandi-J.-Wyatt/e/B00ZTC4T10
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13817774.Kandi_J_Wyatt
- Journey from Skioria Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35913848-journey-from-skioria
*Thanks to Aurora Publishing for sending me this book in exchange for an honest review*