I haven’t read a lot of the more popular books in the reading community. Especially a lot of the more well-known YA books. There’s a lot more than this, though I thought I’d share a few that I haven’t read and a little info on why.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, also Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- I just haven’t gotten around to this one. I’ve seen a bunch of cute fan art featuring the two main characters.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- I KNOW, I KNOW. I do have a copy of this one, just haven’t gotten around to it. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about it though, including comments from fellow readers that it’s one of their top favorite books of all time.
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- The only book by John Green that I’ve read is The Fault in Our Stars back in high school and I really liked that one. Equally liked the movie too. Heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one though so we’ll see.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- I kick myself for this one as I write this. Not because most people have read it and I feel guilty for not having read it, though just because I really love the premise of the book. I love characters who are outcasts and often overlooked.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- I’ve always felt really in the middle with this series and can’t decide if I would ever pick it up. I’ve never read anything by Marisa Meyer either. If you’ve read the series, would you recommend it?
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- I’ll probably never read this series. I tried twice to read the first book and I really didn’t connect with it or like the writing style. The storyline sounds cool and original but eh, not for me I don’t think.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Got the first two books in the series sleeping away on my shelves and just haven’t picked them up. I’ve heard mostly good things about the entire Moral Instruments world so hoping it doesn’t disappoint whenever I do pick it up.
These are just a few that came up when I googled popular YA books and I realized I haven’t read many of them. YA isn’t a genre I reach for first, though it is a genre I enjoy so sooner or later before I kick the bucket, I’ll sit down and read these.
What are some popular YA books you haven’t read?
image via The Odyssey Online
*Amazon links are affiliate*